Re: [Linphone-users] lime encryption

From: Anthony Papillion
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] lime encryption
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2016 22:34:23 -0600

On 11/19/2016 7:26 PM, J G Miller wrote:
> At 19:27h, on Friday, November 18, 2016,
> in message <address@hidden>,
> on the subject of "[Linphone-users] lime encryption",
> Russel Treleaven
>
>  > What is lime encryption?
>
> Is it definitely "encryption with lime [as in cipher]" that you are looking
> for as it would appear that you may be looking for lime protocol with
> encryption?
>
> All you want to know about the Lime protocol and more is at
>
>             <http://limeprotocol.ORG/>

I asked a question about LIME a few months ago that I think this site
partially answers so I'm going to jump into this conversation and ask
for clarification, if you don't mind.

I see that almost all references talk about transport encryption. Does
this mean that LIME encryption pretty much only happens between the
client and the server? Is the message itself (the part that contains
what I am saying to the other party in the chat) encrypted in a way that
the server or anyone monitoring the server cannot read them?

Thank You,
Anthony