[Linphone-users] SIP answers appear elsewhere

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: [Linphone-users] SIP answers appear elsewhere
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2017 22:49:29 -0500

[ Using Linphone on Android from F-Droid.  ]
I use a SIP<->SMS service and am seeing the following problem:

- I go to the list of contacts
- I select one person
- I select her real-phone number and click on the "message" icon.
  The phone number looks like "+1514...".
- I write a message and send it.
Everything good so far.  When that person replies, tho, here's what
happens: the reply appears in another "workspace" than the one where
I wrote my message.  That "workspace" has the name of my contact, just
like the original "workspace" where I wrote my message.  Not sure why
that is nor how I could figure it out.

My best guess is that the reply comes back as being from "address@hidden"
or "address@hidden" rather than "+1514...", so Linphone thinks it's different.

The good part is that if I go to this new workspace, I can send other
messages and the rest of the conversation now appears in the same
workspace like it should.

But if I go to the contacts and click on the "message" icon to start
a message, I'm back at the original "workspace" where I only see
messages I've sent but where I don't receive any reply.

How can I unify those "workspaces"?

        Stefan

PS: Not sure what is the usual name used for those "workspaces".
I guess they correspond somewhat to "rooms" in some chat applications.