[Linphone-users] Sudden issues with audio input

From: Carriero Stefano I . MSCE_T_H14 . 1401
Subject: [Linphone-users] Sudden issues with audio input
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 22:16:21 +0000

Dear Linphone Community,

I have been using Linphone on my Windows 8.1 PC for a long time without any troubles. All of a sudden, I am having issues with the Audio Input (both Microphone and Line In). Speaker is OK. My stomach feeling was that the problem started after a Windows Update reboot. Now, I can scream into the microphone and the volume bar on Linphone will not move, no sound at all on the other end. If I use the Line In, I have to put the volume of the source to maximum in order to hear a plunging but very quiet sound on the other end. I have checked the soundcard and it works well. I have checked the levels of the recording devices, and they are still at 75%. If I use the Microphone and Line In with Sound Recorder or Audacity, the signal is loud and clear for both. So, it’s definitely not a HW issue. Only with Linphone it doesn’t seem to work properly anymore, no matter whether I select the input as WASAPI or WINSND, the issue is the same.

I have gathered the logs from Linphone (see attachment), but I couldn’t see anything suspicious.

I have also tried to uninstall Linphone, use an older version, use the latest version, reboot the PC a dozen times… nothing helps.

I don’t know what else to do… any advice is appreciated.

Couldn’t find any useful hints in the mailing list. Has anyone had this problem before?

Looking forward to a reply.

Best regards

Stefano Carriero