Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone SIP registration stopped working - DNS pro

From: sebalis
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone SIP registration stopped working - DNS problem (or not)
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 21:56:28 +0100

On 2017-01-30 17:51, Kyle wrote:
The mapping in /etc/hosts works perfectly. I can now place calls from my
Linphone, and it also rings.

Yes, it’s very good to be able to use Linphone again. Having finally understood that the /etc/hosts entry was not to supply answers to the SRV query but to the A/AAAA query that Linphone tries if the first one fails – and which host that second query would be for – I have now easily got all my three accounts to work in Linphone. But this is of course a workaround that should not be required. So if there is any other test you’d like me to try, you’re very welcome to write again.

sebalis