[Linphone-users] Problem in video call while trying to send larger encry

From: Sen, Nilanjan
Subject: [Linphone-users] Problem in video call while trying to send larger encrypted payload
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 14:16:45 +0000

Hi,

I am a doctoral student and presently working on VoIP security. I am using Linphone for my research purpose. I have modified Linphone source code and am trying to send an encrypted payload (audio or video) of nearly 2700 bytes during a phone call. The audio call is working perfectly but not the video call. I have checked that the maximum unencrypted payload size in video call is 1240 bytes, and receiver is not getting the higher size encrypted payload properly (which is nearly 2700 bytes). I know that payload size in audio calls is much smaller (less than 120 bytes) and in normal Linphone application, maximum encrypted payload size is 1240 bytes. Can I send the payload more than that? I have increased the macro values of MS_DEFAULT_MAX_PAYLOAD_SIZE, UDP_MAX_SIZE, and MS_MINIMAL_MTU but am not getting the desired result. I am using UBUNTU 16.04 and both my clients as well as the SIP server are connected to the same switch.

With regards,

Nilanjan Sen.