Re: [Linphone-users] Once side audio issue in 2G network

From: balducci
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Once side audio issue in 2G network
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2017 10:09:14 +0100

hello,

I wasn't subscribed to the list so I'm not sure this will appear in
the right thread: if not, this refers to this list thread:

  https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/linphone-users/2017-03/msg00034.html

I am experiencing the same two problems (no audio on the caller side and
automatic/uncontrolled disconnection of the call).

This is for linphonec/linphone calls, if that matters.

The problem seems to be related to the latest official version
(3.11.1) and related libs (belle-sip, mediastreamer, ortp, bctoolbox).

Since I keep everything under stow
(https://www.gnu.org/software/stow/), I can switch easily between
different versions of packages.

If I run the following versions:

linphone-3.11.1
mediastreamer-2.15.1
belle-sip-1.6.1
ortp-1.0.1
bctoolbox-0.5.1

I have the problems mentioned above

If I switch to:

linphone-3.10.2
mediastreamer-2.14.0
belle-sip-1.5.0
ortp-0.27.0
bctoolbox-0.2.0

everything works perfectly (as usual) (everything else unchanged:
caller, ~/.linphonerc etc)

So, this seems to rule out any bandwidth problem (I'm on GB ethernet,
however) and/or firewall issues.

I must say that when upgrading from 3.10.2 to 3.11.1 (and related libs) I
have switched from configure to cmake: so I might have botched
something in the builds.

If anyone of the linphone developers is willing to have a closer look
at the problem, I'll be happy to send any other information (eg logs
of the sessions in debug mode, strace dumps, CMakeCache.txt files etc)

I thank you very much in advance for any hint/help

ciao
gabriele