Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone for iOS

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone for iOS
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 19:09:39 +0000

On May 26, 2017 5:30:16 AM PDT, Nils Bartkowiak <address@hidden> wrote:
>Hi there!
>
>I use Linphone iOS 3.16.3 on my IPad. This works fine, except if I
>choose an entry from my contact list. One entry for example has the
>form
>"0201 5678 / 111" for a German land line phone number.
>
>Linphone has problems with the non numerical characters like spaces or
>/, - (dash), etc. The build in phone from iOS has no problems with
>them.
>
>BR,
>Nils

I have the same problem but on Android, so it doesn't seem to be platform
specific. There are now 3 messages on this list, the oldest dated from 2012
(http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/linphone-users/2012-11/msg00021.html, and
 http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/linphone-users/2017-05/msg00019.html)
none answered unfortunately.

One way to get an answer would be to dig in the sources and see how its handled
there. I don't have the time for this investigation ATM but if and when I do,
I'll make sure to post the result here. I encourage you to beat me to it if you
have the bandwith!

Maxim
Hello Nils,