[Linphone-users] New feature request: IMDN configuration panel

From: Lance Luvaul
Subject: [Linphone-users] New feature request: IMDN configuration panel
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 10:17:27 +1000

Hi Linphone developers, I am using your excellent app to receive calls and texts from my customers in the US via my VOIP provider.  Your app is the most unobtrusive softphone I've trialled and also has the least impact on my phone's battery... bravo!

I only have one issue with it that I would like to propose a new feature request for: a new panel in the settings area to enable/disable IMDN (Instant Message Disposition Notification, https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5438) notifications.

My VOIP provider, Anveo, passes these XML-structured notifications straight back thru to the sender every time someone sends me an SMS/text.  The feature I propose would allow me to avoid sending any IMDN delivered/displayed notifications back to my customers (as of course they don't understand why they're getting strange XML texts from me).

Arguably my VOIP provider should intercept IMDN messages and not pass them thru the SMS channel, and/or act in other appropriate ways upon receipt of these... but that my not happen anytime soon.  As an alternative, I thought perhaps a new settings panel in Linphone might not be too hard to code.

Please let me know what you think. Thanks,
Lance