[Linphone-users] Raspberry Pi - dazed and confused

From: Adam Rossi
Subject: [Linphone-users] Raspberry Pi - dazed and confused
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 18:09:22 -0400

Howdy. I followed the linphone wiki entry for compiling on the Raspberry Pi, which now looks to be out of date. I have been spinning my wheels, and judging from other folks on the mailing list it looks like I am not alone in running into trouble by following the guide. This is the page:

https://wiki.linphone.org/xwiki/wiki/public/view/Linphone/Linphone%20and%20Raspberry%20Pi/

I was able to muddle through getting the following built from source and installed, sometimes deviating from the guide due to errors or missing dependencies:
Getting down to be linphone section, I see instructions for setting neon specific flags and disabling gtk, x11, etc. The instructions look like this:

git clone git://git.linphone.org/linphone.git --recursive
cd linphone
./autogen.sh && ./configure CFLAGS="-march=armv7-a -mfpu=neon-vfpv4" CXXFLAGS="-march=armv7-a -mfpu=neon-vfpv4"  --disable-gtk_ui --disable-x11 && make -j4
sudo make install

I can't get this to work due to the mismatch between GIT version 3.12.0 and makefile version 3.11.2. The feedback on this mailing list to other raspberries has been to switch to cmake and it should be fine. But how does one add the neon/arm7 compile flags, and disable gtk and x11, using cmake?

If I can get some guidance I will volunteer to update the wiki with the recommended procedures.

Regards, olivebreath