Re: [Linphone-users] linphone on iPad - RTP ok, but no outgoing sound on

From: Russell Treleaven
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] linphone on iPad - RTP ok, but no outgoing sound on outgoing calls
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 19:44:04 +0000

Is there a stateful firewall between the uac and the uas?

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018, 1:01 PM Marie Fischer <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello everybody,

I am trying to setup Linphone iOS 3.16.5 on an iPad 2 (iOS 9.3.5) to connect to my Asterisk PBX.

Everything went quite smoothly, I can register, make and receive calls, but for outgoing calls the other party gets no sound. Strangely, I see correct RTP logs in Asterisk log (RTP streams coming & going both ways), it just seems there is no actual audio in the stream. Actually, the other party hears some static / white noise, which disappears if I press the mute button in Linphone.

Tested with both in-build microphone and Apple headset, no difference.

Incoming calls work correctly, i.e. have audio both ways.

The same setup works correctly on an iPhone 8 (iOS 11.2.6).

Linphone log file attached.

--
Thanks,

marie