Re: [Linphone-users] Problem with app for IOS

From: Dominic
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Problem with app for IOS
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2018 19:07:20 -0000

This is really interesting to hear. I've been struggling for a
while now to get linphone on android to maintain registration
when the devices goes to sleep.

I'm not familiar enough with linphone's internals to know if a
solution like this could work for linphone as well. Maybe one of
the devs could take a look at your implementation? I didn't see a
license on your project repo (
https://github.com/juha-h/baresip-studio ) though.

I currently have several linphone android endpoints deployed, and
in general they work quite well. The most frustrating problem
though is that they ring unreliably due to loss of registration.
Unfortunately, I'm not able to use the built in push notification
system because it adds a very long string to the device's AOR in
Asterisk (push notification tokens I believe). When I attempt to
ring multiple devices at the same time via a FreePBX Ring Group
the Asterisk Dial() function is truncated due to this string.

Needless to say, if you have solved this problem, I would love to
see your solution integrated into linphone.

--
Thank you,
Dominic