[Linphone-users] IPv4 SIP through IPv6/464xlat ?

From: Toerless Eckert
Subject: [Linphone-users] IPv4 SIP through IPv6/464xlat ?
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 19:32:05 +0100

Using linphone/android to an IPv4 internet SIP provider.
Has been working fine for years, just needed to configure
stun server and enable ICE in linphone so that it would
go through the IPv4/IPv4 NAT - both mobile carriers and
the typical WiFi i connect to would only have rfc1918
private IPv4 addresses.

Now my carrier (t-mobile USA) seems to offer also the
option of using only IPv6 - but alas, my SIP provider does
not. And then it totally stops to work with crazy
effect during call setup.

Aka: When APN is configured for IPv6, it will get a
global IPv6 address, but only 192.0.0.4 on v4-rmnet0
interface. Supposedly this uses 464xlat NAT mechanism,
and supposedly this should work for SIP, but alas
not in my experience. Also other stuff fails. And
the STUNner app for android also reports an error.

Anyone havin experience running linphone with/without
success with this type of phone setup (IPv6 only,
connecting to IPv4 SIP) ?

Thanks
    Toerless