Re: [Linphone-users] Latest Version for Ubuntu 18.10

From: David Burleigh
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Latest Version for Ubuntu 18.10
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2019 05:02:42 -0500

On Sat, 2019-01-05 at 23:05 +0100, Joe Bidon wrote:
Hi,

To get the last version of linphone, you have to use flatpak (http://www.linphone.org/technical-corner/linphone/downloads).

sudo apt-get flatpak

Ok, I've installed the Flatpak version and it works fine, except that apparently it doesn't notify via the Gnome mechanism, so there is no indication in the system tray of missed calls. This is a serious lack. It means that every time I am away from my desk, when I return I have to click on the Linphone icon to see whether I missed any calls, and then I have to check to see whether there is any voicemail. If Linphone is not going to use the normal Gnome indicator mechanism, then it should give some visual indication of missed calls in its own icon in the system tray.