Re: [Linphone-users] consuming huge amount of battery on Android even wi

From: Brian J. Murrell
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] consuming huge amount of battery on Android even with push
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 05:26:12 -0400

On Mon, 2019-03-25 at 06:08 -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> I am running the latest feature/release-4.1 branch on an Android
> phone
> with push enabled
>
> Looking at battery stats, Linphone is consuming by far the most
> amount
> of battery at 33% currently.

Just to close out on this issue, Sylvain had a look at my logs and it
turned to be linphone repeatedly sending IMDN messages and getting a:

SIP/2.0 415 Unsupported Media Type

response.  Of course having this happen repeatedly is less-than-ideal
as it drains battery.

I have opened an issue:

https://github.com/BelledonneCommunications/linphone-android/issues/522

about this which contains a workaround to disable IMDN messages as well
as a couple of suggestions for more longer-term solutions.

Cheers and much thanks to Sylvain for investigating!

b.