Re: [Linphone-users] Why Android (Oreo) phones, are actually less reliab

From: Russell Treleaven
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Why Android (Oreo) phones, are actually less reliable with TCP vs. UDP
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2019 10:00:23 -0400

I use TCP exclusively because that way my B2BUA doesn't allocate resources until the initiator's source address is validated via the TCP handshake.
I would much rather use a bit more battery on my android device then have GCM in the path.
I've been doing this since 2013 on multiple devices and multiple sip clients with good results.

On Sat, Mar 30, 2019 at 9:26 AM Brian J. Murrell <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, 2019-03-30 at 14:57 +0200, Juha Heinanen wrote:

> Non-free, proprietary, and also forcing users to let Google know
> about
> every message and call they receive.

Don't spread FUD.  FCM does not (have to) tell Google the content or
even metadata of your Linphone calls.  It merely wakes Linphone up.

My push messages certainly contain no useful information.  They just
serve to wake the phone and Linphone up.

b.