Re: [Linphone-users] Why Android (Oreo) phones, are actually less reliab

From: Brian J. Murrell
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Why Android (Oreo) phones, are actually less reliable with TCP vs. UDP
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 09:48:30 -0400

On Sun, 2019-03-31 at 11:31 +0300, Juha Heinanen wrote:

> How does the SIP Proxy know where (IP address/port/transport) to send
> the INVITE?

It doesn't until the phone is woken up and quickly registers.  The SIP
proxy delays actually sending the INVITE until a few seconds after the
push is sent.

> Or does it include the INVITE in the payload of the push
> notification?

That would be ideal and cool.  But no, at this point the push is
nothing but a "hey, wake up and register, so that I can send out the
INVITE(s)".  Yes, not ideal as it does add delay to the INVITE(s) being
sent out.

> If not, it needs to wait for the phone to register
> itself.

Yes.

Cheers,
b.