Re: [Linphone-users] linphone is refusing my password

From: ael
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] linphone is refusing my password
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2019 12:24:50 +0100

On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 06:32:44PM -0400, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Aug 2019, David Pirotte wrote:
>
> > I am facing a disastrous situation, linphone is refusing my password,
> > no idea why, i didn't  change it
> >
> >     Desktop 4.1.1 - Qt5.9.0
> >     Core 3.12.0
> >
> > Any idea why this happened? Any hint on how to solve the catastrophic
> > problem?
>
> Change your password?  Assuming you mean the SIP server at
> sip.linphone.org, then goto https://www.linphone.org/freesip/home
> and reset your password.

I am wondering if this is related to a similar problem that I have been
having for around 1 week.

My linphone (running on debian testing) has suddenly started to
repeatedly request my password for sip.linphone.org. It looks like some
sort of (infinite?) loop. Entering the correct password does not help. It
still keeps spawning new windows asking for the password.  And it does
not seem to get registered. I checked my linphone account and even
tried creating a new account. All to no avail.

As far as I can see, the last update of the linphone package was

"dpkg.log.8.gz:2018-12-12 20:51:26 install liblinphone9:amd64 <none>
3.12.0-3"

and I didn't notice any library updates that might be relevant, although
I haven't looked properly. Maybe some kernel change has exposed a bug?

However, I use several sip registrars with linphone, and it has no
problems with connecting to the primarly one. That happens to be
sipgate.

I did have a quick look at linphonerc, and it looks as if that could do
with a clean out, but I haven't seen any documentation on that.

So I am far from clear about what is wrong, but it does seem to
correlate with the original question.

Are there any developers on this list? There don't seem to be many
informed posts here.

ael