Re: [Linphone-users] linphone in Debian with flatpak

From: John White
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] linphone in Debian with flatpak
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2019 17:17:28 -0800

At least when I last tried it, a month or so ago, the Linphone version in synaptic was a fairly old version. The flatpak version has the new Linphone version, but it doesn't work very well. Last I tried it, the Linphone download page had a warning about problems with the flatpak version. Probably because flatpak is junk software, at least in my opinion.

I finally gave up and went to twinkle. The twinkle version in the buster repositories seems to work fine.

I think linphone originally was a linux based gadget, but if so, linphone is not paying attention to its base.

John