Re: [Linphone-users] Remote provisioning XML not working in Android app

From: james pruett
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Remote provisioning XML not working in Android app
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2020 09:39:53 -0500

hi,
I noticed .rc files and some mention of "precompiling" linphone somehow?
Can someone point me to that in the Docs? I cant find it?

Thanks!
Jim Pruett

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 3:23 AM Jehan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for this report.
It is fixed now.

Cheers

Le 20 mars 2020 à 22:28, Sean M. Pappalardo <address@hidden> a écrit :

Hello.

I'm trying to set up remote provisioning via an XML file for Linphone. I
have created the XML file on my Web server per the wiki
(https://wiki.linphone.org/xwiki/wiki/public/view/Lib/Features/Remote%20Provisioning/)
with just the items I want to configure, and I can manually fetch it
just fine on my desktop browser, but Linphone on Android just says
"Failed to download or apply remote provisioning profile..."

The Web server log shows that the app did indeed access the file, so how
can I get more details as to what it doesn't like in the config?

Also, the linphone.org XMLNS/XSI links on that wiki page are all broken
as well as the example config file
https://www.linphone.org/remote_provisioning.xml so I can't learn from
it right now either.

And is there some special way to get to the linphonerc files on Android?
I can't locate the folders the wiki mentions. (Probably hidden by Android.)

Thank you very much for your time and any help you can provide.

Sincerely,
Sean M. Pappalardo
Sr. Networks Engineer
Renegade Technologies