Re: [Linphone-users] dead lump

From: Stuart D Gathman
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] dead lump
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 08:08:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 25 Mar 2020, Richard Meckstroth wrote:

sip:x.x.x.x was suggested on a forum, but of course I tried adding a user id
field also, and leaving out the sip part.

The general IPv4 form is:

 sip:user@1.2.3.4

The user part must match the identity of the called party.  You must
configure the default identity on your end in the linphone settings
to establish the user part callers must use to call you.

Here is the IPv6 form:

"Stuart D. Gathman" <sip:stuart@[fc27:f1a1:3f98:b73c:6c74:9515:bc90:2783]>

I am still on 3.6.1 on Fedora, which doesn't support IPv4 and IPv6 simultaneously.