[Linphone-users] Linphonec 4.4.0 does not detect v4l2loopback devices

From: Do Truong Giang
Subject: [Linphone-users] Linphonec 4.4.0 does not detect v4l2loopback devices
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 20:19:26 +0200

Hi, I've created a virtual video device "/dev/video0" using kernel module v4l2loopback and I'm piping RTSP video stream from an IP camera to that device:
ffmpeg -i rtsp://my_camera_RTSP_URL/Streaming -pix_fmt yuv420p -f v4l2 /dev/video0

Now, I'm able to play it with VLC as from a capture device.
However when i use linphonec:
$ linphonec -C
linphonec> webcam list
0: StaticImage: Static picture

linphonec seems not detect any video devices (I expected /dev/video0 should be there), just only the "0: StaticImage: Static picture" as per the output of command "webcam list". I also tried the GUI but no video device is detected there either.

I built linphonec from source, as described here:
https://gitlab.linphone.org/BC/public/linphone-desktop
with Ubuntu 19.10, 5.3.0-29-generic

I have know idea, what could be wrong.
Any help would be appreciated