Re: [Linphone-users] Unable to call US SIP number from India

From: Nishant ghosh
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Unable to call US SIP number from India
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 11:22:57 +0530

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

The SIP addresses are :- 89xxxxxxxx@sip.phone.systems
417xxxxxxx@sip.phone.systems
850xxxxxxx@sip.phone.systems

I am getting the error "unable to authenticate. Please verify your password."
Screenshot attached for your reference.

Please let me know where am I doing mistake in making the call ?

Best Regards
Nishant

On Wed, 15 Apr, 2020, 4:55 AM Stuart D Gathman, <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, 15 Apr 2020, Nishant ghosh wrote:

> Hi, I am unable to call on a US SIP number from India using linphone desktop
> app but the call is not reaching to my friend in USA. Is this calling free
> of charge or I need to purchase any membership plan ? Please respond

If by "SIP number" you mean one of those ancient "telephone" numbers
from the early 20th century, then yes, you need a paid service that
connects SIP to POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service).

An actual SIP number like address@hidden is a free service
at present for 2 party calls.  (Conference calls require more server
involvement and are often paid.)

You can also do peer to peer using IPv6 raw IPs (or public IPv4 IPs).
That doesn't not require any service at all (other than internet).