Re: [Linphone-users] I have never seen Linphone actually work

From: Simon Brown
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] I have never seen Linphone actually work
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 14:37:55 +0100

To be honest, I find linphone easy to use, but setting it up was a complete pain.
It would not register my account, and I tried 50 different ways of going through the setup process.
In the end I discovered that although DNS was working on my PC, and I could ping and navigate to the url for the registration server, Linphone couldn't use the DNS, so needed the IP address typing in instead.  The completely cryptic error message when trying to register did not help at all, but sadly I can't remember what it was.  It was the least helpful message I have ever seen.

On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 at 13:36, Kate Draven <borgqueen4@gmail.com> wrote:
Very good advice.
Examine the logs carefully. Look for any clue, no matter how small.