Re: [Linphone-users] Web

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Web
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 11:38:48 -0400

I would suggest understanding the difference between a protocol and a
program that implements a protocol.  Unfortunately the modern trend is
to blur these concepts, and have a singleton program implementing a
protocol which is not explicitly named.  Jitsi Meet (which I think you
mean to refer to when you say Jitsi) is an example of this.

Linphone implements SIP.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Session_Initiation_Protocol

There are also implementations of SIP which can run within a web
browser, using WebRTC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebRTC