[Linphone-users] Contacts Migration

From: Eric Shields | MassTransitHonchkrow
Subject: [Linphone-users] Contacts Migration
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 21:48:08 -0400

I thought I'd share something useful to new users and those who value data portability. Dogfooded.

Version: 4.2.2
Confirmed on: Windows NT 10.0.18362.1139 amd64, Linux Mint Ulyana 20.1 amd64
SIP Provider: Bandwidth.com CLEC

User data for Windows users is stored here:
---
%USERPROFILE%/AppData/Local/Linphone
---

User data for Linux Mint users using the APPIMAGE is stored here:
---
~/.local/share/linphone
---

Contacts and Call logs and specific settings are stored in db files. Avatars are stored in a folder with the same name and the image entries in the SQLite browser point to this folder.

The address book is in SQLite format and can be viewed using the Portable app of the same name. If you copy this entire directory across operating systems and place them in the correct, above-specified locations, this should result in a seamless transfer, assuming you closed Linphone BEFORE you modified local settings storage.

I have not yet tried this theory on my Android device, but when I do I will provide an update using this thread. Happy VoIPing! - 🚏