Re: [Linphone-users] H265 vs H264 not optimizing bandwidth + other feedb

From: ael
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] H265 vs H264 not optimizing bandwidth + other feedback
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 16:40:26 +0000

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 07:47:30AM +0000, Alan Azar wrote:

> USER FORUM
> I really wish you would move away from a mailing list to a forum. It will
> make it easier to manage feedback + retain knowledge for users searching for
> topics that may have already been covered.

That is a bit controversial. Forums (fora?) are a pain. You have to
remember to visit them and they are not easy to search with standard
tools like grep. I am not sure if this mailing list is archived, but
if so, even a newcomer can find past topics easily. A forum is
also expensive in resources and forces one to use a browser or
wahtever. Use simple tried and tested tools when they are more than
adequate.

ael