Re: [Linphone-users] issues using LinPhone

From: ael
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] issues using LinPhone
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 10:31:58 +0000

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 10:59:55AM +0100, Peio Rigaux wrote:

> We are currently talking with official maintainers of Linux
> distributions (especially Debian).
>
> There were issues in the past preventing them to support the latest
> version of Linphone, and I'm sorry for that.
> >
> > I chose LinPhone because it is more or less the standard for IP
> > telephony in my favorite Linux distribution (Debian Buster).

The latest linphone in Debian unstable now works here, although
there was a problem with icons which was traced to a library
dependency: see +https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=979139

I haven't checked whether the modified version has entered testing
just yet.

It is very different from the old version of linphone, but once you
get used to the new GUI it works. Here, at least.

ael