Re: [Linphone-users] Periodic 'freezes' in video (matching GOP size)

From: Peio Rigaux
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Periodic 'freezes' in video (matching GOP size)
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 20:32:59 +0100

Hello Jerry.

If the I-frame requires 700 ms to be transmitted, then it is totally expected that the rendered video freezes during 700 ms when it is about to display the I-frame.

You may modify the jitter buffer settings (from configuration file) to create more latency and then masq the I-frame delay:

[rtp]

video_jitt_comp = 700 ms

Regards,

Peio Rigaux