[Linphone-users] How to activate

From: REX HOMME
Subject: [Linphone-users] How to activate
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2021 15:22:32 -0500 (EST)

Sorry, new to this service, so may be very basic issue.  I signed up for the linphone account to simply use an ethernet based phone (Grandstream) for personal use.  I don't have a regular phone jack in home office, but do have a coax port to tie into home internet (my regular phone is VOIP, but again no port to use that).

Grandstream registered my phone, and they said everything looks fine with my linphone information, but when I call any number, all I get is a fast busy.  Grandstream suggested that my account is not activated.  Do I need to link the phone to a separate phone number, i.e., not my home phone?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as the phone has simply been a paperweight for two months.  Thanks!
Rex Homme