[Linphone-users] How to activate

From: Andrej Mikus
Subject: [Linphone-users] How to activate
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2021 02:01:50 +0100

I am new here and subscribed to seek help with my srtp issue. But first I went through archive and found your recent messages.

I think you are somehow confused, thinking that Linphone VoIP SIP service provides access to phone numbers.

https://www.linphone.org/freesip/home explains:
Linphone.org hosts a free SIP service that allows users to make audio or video calls using SIP addresses via the domain sip.linphone.org.

You can test your service by trying to call thetestcall@sip.linphone.org or any other SIP address found over internet like
https://sip5060.net/test-calls/ or
https://www.jumpjet.info/Offbeat-Internet/Public/SIP/url.htm

In order to get an inbound phone number, or to call any *number* you will need to subscribe to another service than sip.linphone.org.

Hope this helps
Andrej