[Linphone-users] Incoming calls not showing caller's name from contacts

From: Ben Sturmfels
Subject: [Linphone-users] Incoming calls not showing caller's name from contacts
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 14:38:48 +1100

Hi,

Thanks for all the great work on Linphone, I use it every day!

I'm having an issue on Linphone desktop where incoming calls don't seem
to match up to address book entries - so I can't see who's calling -
only the number.

The incoming calls show something like:

0123456789@203.2.134.1

This is the IP address of my SIP proxy, sip.internode.on.net, but my
contacts are of the form:

0123456789@sip.internode.on.net

That's because when I dial an outgoing number, it uses the hostname of
my default proxy, and this is what I've saved to contacts via the
previous call list.

I could potentially change my contacts to us the IP address, but that
would be a problem if the IP address changed.

This is Linphone Desktop 4.1.1 as packaged by the Guix operating system.

Regards,
Ben