Re: [Linphone-users] How to add contacts with phone number

From: Maciej Morycinski
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] How to add contacts with phone number
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2021 00:29:03 -0800

Hello Ingo,

We all love to hate open source UI. ;-)

Here is an example entry from my phone book. Everything is straightforward, EXCEPT that if you want to enter a simple number (like 6047087810) then
the registered server name is going to be added automatically. Just move the cursor to another line after you enter the phone number. The server name
will appear, and "Save" button will no longer be greyed out. I guess it's a compromise between not accepting simple numbers at all, and hiding the fact
that you just cannot successfully call a SIP server with only a number. :-)

As you can see, not the most straightforward UI, but at least discoverable, if you mess with it bravely. :-)

The other way to make an entry is to call a number from the search bar (no server name necessary) then use the "Previously" sidebar, i.e. call history,
to make a new contact, and edit it if you want to.

There is no "first name last name", just full name. Company and the rest of fields below it are obviously optional.

Good luck,
--

Maciej Morycinski
morciej@gmail.com