Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone on Linux - call recording not saved

From: Maciej Bednarek
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone on Linux - call recording not saved
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2021 21:15:23 +0200

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 6:12 PM Dennis Filder <d.filder@web.de> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 01:44:12PM +0200, Maciej Bednarek wrote:

> My Linphone (Linux Kubuntu 21.04 Beta) stopped saving the audio recordings
> of calls - the popup showing the filename at the end of the call is
> displayed, but the folder is empty. This function worked well about 2-3
> months ago. Any idea what could be the reason? I don't see any mentions of
> the recording in log files.

Debian comaintainer for Linphone here.  I see that the Linphone
version preceding the current one in Kubuntu still was 3.12.
Packaging newer 4.x versions lagged behind for a long time due to lack
of manpower, and we're still in the process of catching up.
Unfortunately, the current packages are not as feature-complete as
we'd like yet, but we're working on it and hope to provide
feature-complete backports compatible with Debian Bullseye (and maybe
derivatives) after Bullseye will have been released.  Until then
you'll have to be patient and/or use the appimage.

Regards,
Dennis Filder

Thank you Maciej and Dennis!

Indeed the appimage solution worked. Looks like the Ubuntu packages lack mkv support.

Regards, Maciej Bednarek