Re: [Linphone-users] Are Linphone chat communications encrypted?

From: Stuart D Gathman
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Are Linphone chat communications encrypted?
Date: Mon, 3 May 2021 16:47:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 3 May 2021, Greg Troxel wrote:

Maciej Morycinski <morciej@gmail.com> writes:

...although that is not the same as "end-to-end encrypted". I am not
sure, but I don't believe they are end-to-end encrypted.

Indeed, a good point.

If you use linphone in P2P mode - over a mesh VPN (where there is
no "VPN server"), then it is e2e encrypted thanks to the VPN.

You add the raw IP6 to your address book on linphone just as easily as a
phone number or domain based sip address.

An article about using Cjdns as the VPN:
https://fedoramagazine.org/decentralize-common-fedora-apps-cjdns/