Re: [Linphone-users] DND / Do not disturb

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] DND / Do not disturb
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2021 07:35:29 -0400

Peio Rigaux <peio.rigaux@belledonne-communications.com> writes:

>     We do have a "do not disturb" presence state in the desktop
>       version of Linphone (click on the green light on the left and
>       select your presence status), but this does not prevent a call to
>       reach you.
>     As far as I know we do not have a setting to enable it in the
>       apps.

For what it's worth, my view is that DND status in presence is a
published clue to people that can see your presence.  A DND function on
a phone is an instruction to the phone to not notify the user of
incoming calls (and perhaps to provide a not-available status to the
caller).  These two functions are logically separate.

For example, I might set DND status while in a meeting of some kind, as
a clue to teammates, while allowing the phone to ring (to be able to
receive urgent calls from other people).

It would be good to have linphone have a DND setting for calls, similar
to such a function on an analog phone (ringer volume to zero) or
hardphone.  Right now I'd just quit it to make this work.