[Linphone-users] call recording experience report

From: Dennis Filder
Subject: [Linphone-users] call recording experience report
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2021 11:18:27 +0200

On Sat, Jun 19, 2021 at 02:49:00PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:

> That was an unfamiliar extensions, so:
>
>   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matroska
>
> and that's philosophically great, but a lot of complexity for what could
> be just a single audio file.  I started to build mkvtoolnix, but it
> seems to take hours, and audacity worked, so I stopped.
>
> So this is only sort of a bug report, but through it might be helpful to
> people dealing with trying to record.

Matroska was a reasonable choice given that Linphone is also a video
phone, and needs to be able to record both.  At the time of
implementation it was one of the few unproblematic container formats
wrt. to intellectual property shenanigans and that can also support
new codecs easily.

For dealing with Matroska files under MacOS, I have heard good things
about HandBrake: handbrake.fr

Regards.