[Linphone-users] backport built for Debian 10 (buster), but...

From: Daniel Pocock
Subject: [Linphone-users] backport built for Debian 10 (buster), but...
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2021 00:36:51 +0200

Hi all,

I had a look at how to build the latest Linphone for Debian buster

All the dependency libraries build successfully, there are some very
minor tweaks in CPPFLAGS and CMake settings

The only problem I found is in the linux-desktop component (the GUI)

It requires Qt 5.12.  Debian buster has 5.11.  I tweaked the settings to
use 5.11.  With this change, it compiles successfully

However, the Settings window doesn't work.  Q_ASSERT from App.cxx:235 at
startup.  I commented out the Q_ASSERT and I found that the rest of the
application is working, it is only a problem with the Settings window

Looking at the qml files, I found that three of them need a more recent
Qt Quick Controls.  Debian with Qt 5.11 supports Qt Quick Controls 2.4.
These are the files wanting newer versions:

linphone-app/ui/modules/Common/Window/VirtualWindow.qml

import QtQuick.Controls 2.5

linphone-app/ui/views/App/Calls/Dialogs/MultimediaParameters.qml

import QtQuick.Controls 2.4

linphone-app/ui/views/App/Settings/SettingsAudio.qml

import QtQuick.Controls 2.4 as Core

Would it be possible to avoid using newer features in those three qml
files so that people can use the latest Linphone on Debian buster?

Regards,

Daniel