Re: [Linphone-users] backport built for Debian 10 (buster), but...

From: Dennis Filder
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] backport built for Debian 10 (buster), but...
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2021 18:05:01 +0200

On Fri, Jul 02, 2021 at 12:17:04AM +0200, Daniel Pocock wrote:

> > It would be somewhat important to know what parameters to
> > createSubWindow() trigger the assertion.
>
> I ran
>
>   linphone -V
>
> and it didn't give me sufficient details to respond to that.
>
> Please feel free to try my packages or tell me what commands to run to
> get extra debug output.
>
> It compiles successfully, the qml versions are not checked during
> the compile.  At runtime, I get the Q_ASSERT for the SettingsWindow
>
> I made another hack to suppress the Q_ASSERT, you can see that in the
> last commit on the debian/buster-backports branch, it opens the main
> window successfully and I can dial a SIP address

Judging from your patch and output from my linphone version the
culprit is "qrc:/ui/views/App/Settings/SettingsWindow.qml".  So you'd
have to figure out what exactly causes the construction of the
settings window to fail, e.g. by inspecting what QList<QQmlError>
QQmlComponent::errors()
<https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qqmlcomponent.html#errors> returns, then try
to patch that out.

I don't know if you still have upload rights (I don't see your key in
the keyring), but if not you'd have to talk to Berni.  Nor do I know
if he'd agree to upload a backport where the entire settings menu is
inaccessible.  After all it is kind of an important piece of
functionality.

Regards,
Dennis.