[Linphone-users] Possible bug when trying to use existing sip account?

From: address@hidden
Subject: [Linphone-users] Possible bug when trying to use existing sip account?
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 14:02:09 +0200

Hello,

some weeks ago I installed Linphone on my android 11 device to use it as a
replacement for a DECT device. Linphone connected via sip with my DSL router. I
was able to answer and initiate landline calls with that setup.

A few days ago I've noticed that there is no more audio after a connection is
established. I can’t hear the other communication partner and vice versa.

I cleared linphone’s cache and data in android, removed linphone, rebooted the
device and re-installed linphone 4.5.1 (15th of July 2021). Using the
assistant, I chose ‘Use SIP account’ and entered my connection data as before.
When clicking login, a message „Error: failed to create account object“ is
shown on the bottom of the screen for a few seconds, and the “operation in
progress, please wait” message stays on for ever.

Maybe with automatic updates and with the new installation I got a new version
of linphone, which seems to try to set up a new linphone account, even when I
try to use my existing, local sip account.

Does this happen only on my device? Am I making something wrong?

Greetings

Alois