[Linphone-users] How can I tell if my LinPhone is registered to my pbx?

From: Dennis Filder
Subject: [Linphone-users] How can I tell if my LinPhone is registered to my pbx?
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 15:14:30 +0200

On Fri, Sep 24, 2021 at 01:21:20PM -0600, NOC dnc wrote:
> I have 4 different PBX's that I wish to be registered to at the same time.
>
> I don't see any indication that shows a visual indication that I am
> registered to a PBX server.
>
> And I don't see any list of the various servers and their registration
> status.
>
> Please can someone clear this up for me?

As far as I can tell Linphone only supports being registered to a
single PBX at a time.  While you can have accounts on multiple PBXes
only one account among them can be the currently active one, so you'll
have to switch back and forth as necessary.

In the main window in the top-left corner the username of your
currently active account is shown together with a colored circle
indicating your presence status if you've successfully registered to
that PBX.  Clicking on that name lands you in the menu allowing you to
designate the currently active account and pick the desired presence
status.

If you wish to be registered to several PBXes simultaneously you will
have to run a separate Linphone process for each, and this will also
probably include isolating them with file system namespaces (on Linux)
or separate user IDs.  You could also try running them unisolated with
--config and a different config file for each, but you will have to
figure out how to prevent them from accessing the same
linphone.db/logfile/config file/etc. as they would otherwise overwrite
each others' changes.

If you want to be reachable under several different phone numbers the
conventional approach would be to set up call forwarding.

Regards