Re: [Linphone-users] Notification problems with iPhone calls

From: Andrej Mikus
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Notification problems with iPhone calls
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 09:03:35 +0200

Hi,

How can this be normal? If the registration expires at the SIP server,
the endpoint is removed and no call will be accepted. Who is supposed to
trigger the push notification?

It seems to me that the proxy would need to have some additional
intelligence beyond SIP protocol that would consider expired client
still available, accept the call, trigger notification and wait for the
registration.

I am using Linphone on Android with Asterisk and while it is a mobile
client I do not have this problem. Also build in android SIP client
keeps renewing the registration while idle. Could be an issue specific
to Apple devices?

Andrej

On Wed, 27.Oct.21 02:41:12 -0400, linphone-users-request@nongnu.org wrote:

> The registration process is indeed not happening when Linphone is sleeping,
> that’s normal for mobile SIP clients. However, as you correctly state, when a
> push notification is received and the app wakes up, the first thing the app
> does is to register.

Anyone knows how to reach the mailing list admins? I tried to contact
the owners offline 3 times already but the *daily* digest keeps getting
sent every 2-4 messages, as if the limit for accumulated messages was
set very low.