Re: [Linphone-users] Notification problems with iPhone calls

From: German Cancio
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Notification problems with iPhone calls
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 10:53:40 +0200

Andrej,

All of this is captured in the following RFC:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc8599. Flexisip does precisely handle
this; if you don’t use Flexisip you can implement it via Kamailio and TSILO,
but it requires pretty good knowledge of how Kamailio, SIP and push
notifications work.

This affects btw both Android and iOS devices, it’s just that Android allows
apps to run for a longer period of time keeping network connections open (in
this case to a SIP server). On Android, you also have a config option for
keeping the app running in the background and keeping network connections with
a trick, but Apple has removed this possibility on iOS. Network connections are
severed after 30s-1min once you send an iOS app to the background.

Germán