Re: [Linphone-users] Grandstream GDS3710

From: Trent Creekmore
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Grandstream GDS3710
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2021 17:19:16 -0600

Have you looked up the SIP response code for 400?

"The request could not be understood due to malformed syntax."

On 11/9/21 4:59 PM, Chris Jackson wrote:
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has the Grandstream GDR3710 SIP phone/camera working
with LinPhones SIP cloud? I’ve managed to get it working with a local server
running FreeSwitch to connect to the LinPhone apps, but once I use the LinPhone
SIP switch it fails to connect. Unfortunately the debug output from the GDS3710
is not especially useful - it shows a 400 response is returned from the server,
but as I can’t seem to get it to output the request or response packets it’s
unclear what is actually wrong.

The GDS3710 can only support numerical extensions so I’ve used an account like
12345@sip.linphone.org and this works for calling between phones. I should also
add that I can connect TO the GDS3710 from another client (eg the LinPhone app
on an iPhone) and get voice and video, but I can’t initiate the call from the
GDS3710.

If someone has this running I’d appreciate some pointers on how this was set up.

Thanks
Chris