[Linphone-users] Problem with USB C headset microphone recognition

From: Louis Lapointe
Subject: [Linphone-users] Problem with USB C headset microphone recognition
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 10:01:45 -0500

Hello,  Is there a special procedure to use the microphone of my USB headset instead of the realteck microphone of my laptop

image.png

THe previous screen captures the audio setting I made and if I test the microphone is not working.

However the exact same microphone works properly with other applications such as TEAM, ZOOM etc...

In fact the speakers are working fine, but not the microphone.

So when I use LINPHONE, with my USB headset my setup should be such as the following screen capture.
This means I am earring the conversation in the headset, but the microphone is my laptop microphone resulting in poor quality sound for my colleague because they are earring more environment sound

image.png

I would have appreciated to use the  USB headset for the playback device as well as for the capture device.

Best regards,

Louis Lapointe