Re: [Linphone-users] opus: corrupted stream

From: Elisa Nectoux
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] opus: corrupted stream
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 10:58:20 +0100

Hi there,

Well, when you are asking for help on a free mailing list for an open source software, please try at least to be polite :-)
My colleague Julien took the time to reply to you. What he wanted to say is that Linphone version 3.X is very very old, as version 4.0 was released in 2017! and we just released version 5.0 this week.
3.X versions are not supported anymore. I can understand that you have personal reasons not to want to use appimage packages, it’s up to you, but please kindly note that the latest version officially available for Debian is 4.2 (since 2021!): https://www.linphone.org/news/linphone-42-desktop-back-%C2%A0debian
We did a lot of co-work with Debian maintainers to have them package Linphone 4.2, as we know that a lot of people are using Debian packages.
The Linphone app has been totally re-developed between 3.X (which was developed with GTK), whereas starting from 4.0 we have been using the Qt framework.
We have a lot of users and corporate customers who do use Linphone with Asterisk!

Best regards,

Elisa NECTOUX

Belledonne Communications, the company behind the Linphone project | Discover our solutions in 3 minutes!

Le 9 déc. 2022 à 06:24, Fourhundred Thecat <400thecat@gmx.ch> a écrit :

> On 2022-12-08 15:01, julien.fb@belledonne-communications.com wrote:
Hello,

Please upgrade to the latest version of Linphone : https://www.linphone.org/releases/linux/app/Linphone-5.0.0.AppImage

sorry, but I don' understand why you even bother replying.

I am asking for advice with linphone 3.12.0 on Debian 10.
You are free to ignore my post, if you have nothing constructive to say.

Obviously I cannot upgrade to newer version of linphone, otherwise I
would have already done that. I am on Debian 10, and the newest
available package version is the one I am using.

The fact that new versions of linphone are distributed as appimage is a
monstrosity. I would never use appimage for anything.