Re: [Linphone-users] Can linphone be set up to call regular cell phone n

From: Stuart D Gathman
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Can linphone be set up to call regular cell phone numbers?
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 12:40:33 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 22 Dec 2022, Calvin He wrote:

Is it possible to use linphone to call to regular cell phone numbers?  Or is
only sip to sip allowed?

You need a SIP-Telco gateway.  These are generally paid services,
because it costs something to hold a telco number.  However, the cost
can be low.  Here are two I use:

jmp.chat  - $3/mo plus call charges, can use XMPP client as well as SIP.
I have only used with XMPP, for SIP I use:

diamondcard.us - only call charges (1¢ per min in US) - unless you want
to receive telco calls, $10/mo to hold the number.