[Linphone-users] remote_ring in linphonerc of appimage being overwritten

From: Brian Zammit
Subject: [Linphone-users] remote_ring in linphonerc of appimage being overwritten
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 19:59:38 -0500

Hello list,

I want to change the remote_ring setting from the default /tmp/.mount...ringback.wav location in ~/.config/linphone/linphonerc of the installationĀ found from Linphone-5.0.3.AppImage.

Everytime I edit this linphonerc file, it reverts back to the same /tmp/.mount...etc setting.

It looks like the setting is being overwritten every time linphone starts up.

Is there somewhere inside linphone'sĀ gui to edit this remote_ring setting? Or another way to keep my changes without having me modify the AppImage or compiling the app?

Brian