Re: [Linphone-users] Unable to call SIP account

From: Deepashri
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Unable to call SIP account
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 13:51:45 +0530

Hello,

For our application we need SIP calling using Twilio domain.

We have created two SIP endpoints and need to make calls between these SIP endpoints.

One SIP endpoint configured on Linphone Windows Desktop  sip:700@siptwilioiris.sip.twilio.com and another SIP endpoint configured on Linphone Android sip:600@siptwilioiris.sip.twilio.com.

While calling from one SIP endpoint to another SIP endpoint, we are getting the below error message.

2023-03-21 07:57:26:638 [/qt] MESSAGE QT: "Call terminated with error (Remote party hanged up the call.):" CallModel(0x230493f1e90).

While calling from Linphone, we are using the full domain address : 600@siptwilioiris.sip.twilio.com. But it takes only 200@siptwilioiris.sip.twilio. Not sure if we need to change any Linphone settings.

image.png

linphone.png

Regards,
Deepashri

On Wed, Mar 22, 2023 at 1:40 AM Stuart D Gathman <stuart@gathman.org> wrote:
On Tue, 21 Mar 2023, Deepashri wrote:

> credentials sip:700@siptwilioiris.sip.twilio.com.
>
> When we try to call another SIP account, we are getting the below error
> message.

You don't need a service to call another SIP user.  Just modern internet
service.  If they don't have a DNS name pointing directly to their
SIP phone, use a raw IPv6.  Not much longer than a phone number.

Don't have a stable IPv6 because of travel through ancient Wifi
neighborhoods?  Use Mobile IPv6, or a VPN (Mobile IP6 is more
efficient).  By "VPN" I don't mean the type hawked on talk shows designed
to obscure your IP as a futile attempt at anonymity (use Tor),
I mean an IPv6 VPN.

> 2023-03-21 07:57:26:638 [/qt] MESSAGE QT: "Call terminated with error
> (Remote party hanged up the call.):" CallModel(0x230493f1e90)

Since you are going through a service, you should talk to them.
But maybe someone else will spot something in the log.