[Linphone-users] Recent Windows Refugee - To Zorin OS 16.3 Pro

From: john.m.hopkins Hopkins
Subject: [Linphone-users] Recent Windows Refugee - To Zorin OS 16.3 Pro
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2023 14:23:57 +0200

 Not competently versed in internet telephony;

Currently residing in Poland.

Previous skype subscriber.

Primary functions:

1) This is not for Business: strictly occasional one-on-one personal use.

2) U.S. "landline" number for U.S. caller ID functionality. ("DID"? "SIP"???)…

This was a fee-based subscription.

3) video calling capability is preferred

4) SMS/TXT functionality is also desired.

5) I am currently subscribed to skype with the aforementioned "landline number" (area code 651-);

All microsoft-associated services will be terminated (i.e. skype).

Currently, Zorin OS 16.3 Pro installed (Ubuntu/Linux)

If the aforementioned "landline number" is "ported over", will I need to maintain my skype subscription to keep this number?

"Automatic Topping-up" was also established with skype.

IFAIK, a "softphone"  desktop interface is necessary.(??)

This is by no means an "on-the-cheap" efffort;

I am more than willing to pay a fair price for reliable services that I use.

This is the last, and final step toward full immigration/integration to Zorintopia.

Thank you for any useful information,

John