Re: [Linphone-users] Help with intial set up

From: Elisa Nectoux
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Help with intial set up
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2024 10:14:48 +0100

Dear John,

Thank you for your interest in Linphone!

First, when you are logged in with your Linphone account, do your see the word « Connected » and a green light? This confirms that the Linphone account has been correctly set up.

Secondly, when you are trying to call a third party SIP account, you must enter the full SIP address via the Linphone dialler view. For example, username@domain.com if the username is « username » and the SIP domain is « domain.com ».
When you are trying to call another Linphone account, you do not need to enter the full SIP address, only the username is needed and Linphone will try by adding « sip.linphone.org » as a default domain.

Can you please confirm if you did these two steps already?

Best regards,

Elisa NECTOUX
Sales & Marketing Manager

Belledonne Communications, the company behind the Linphone project | Discover our solutions in 3 minutes!